Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Regular checkup with my MD

Last Friday I had blood tests done prior to today's appointment with my primary care physician. Early this week his office person called to tell me that the tests (cholesterol, liver function and glucose) were normal. That's a first. In a long time.

For the appointment I took a printout of my morning glucose levels for the past three months and a printed list of questions for him about my DVT and the apparent lack of progress after three months of treatment.

The PT/INR score was 2.2 and that's a good level to be at.

My blood pressure is too high and I continue to be too heavy. To help with that a little I can go back to the gym and ride the stationary bike. That would be good exercise for my legs and knees and shouldn't bother the blood clot in my leg.

And yes, I should regularly wear a compression stocking on the right leg. It seems to help during the day.

I still have a lot of pain and some cramps at night. It seems the longer I am in bed the worse it gets. I am up every hour or two all night long. Every night.

As for the lack of progress -- my lower right leg hurts as much or perhaps a little more than when I started the Coumadin in mid-November -- from what he told me apparently progress is slow and I can expect it to take a long time to get better. He will look at the leg again at the beginning of March just before my two weeks in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment