Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Regular checkup with primary care MD

Prior to this regular checkup I went to the lab for blood tests last Thursday. The results were mostly good. Cholesterol is still up and the bad kind is up more. So I have to take a Simvastatin at bedtime. The A1C was up a little from 5.7 to 6.1 but not bad and not unexpected. He didn't even bother to check my PSA as it has been so low.

The left leg and left knee replacement are doing fine.

I mentioned the problems with my right leg: the knee seems to be arthritic; the heel and foot are always sore and swolen, as is the right ankle; and there's a sore patch the size of my hand on the surface of my inner calf (very sore to the touchbut there's no visible problem). He's worried about the brown and purple mole on my lower right leg. He has seen it many times before. It's been there for 30 years at least.

He had me go for knee x-rays that afternoon, an ultrasound exam next Monday, a biopsy of the leg mole on Thursday; and I'm to come in when I decide to have a cortisone shot in my right knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment