Friday, April 17, 2009

Four weeks after surgery

Thursday, February 26, 2009

More physical therapy -- Friday, Monday and Wednesday. She is here for over an hour each time and we are working me hard. The urgent problems are getting my knee to bend more and to get the leg to stretch out straighter. I think I am on a plateau as far as progress is concerned. But the bending gets a degree or two better each visit. Right now I am in the low 80 degrees and we want it to go better than 120 degrees. That will take a while.

She tells me if we don't, or can't, get the knee to bend enough the doctor will do it for me. And apparently that's not pleasant even with a local anesthetic.

Supermarket shopping -- Walmart, Food World, Publix -- has been good physical therapy, even if I ride around in their motorized shopping carts it is more activity than I had been having over the past few weeks. And I get extra practice getting in and out of the car each time we shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment