Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ten days after surgery

Sunday, February 8, 2009

It was wonderful to be home and sleep in my own Tempur-pedic bed. I woke up frequently, with many bathroom trips. The swelling in my leg is going down and there's a lot of fluid to get rid of. At one point, a few days after the operation, my left leg was nearly triple the size of my right leg.

I soon learned how to get in and out of bed without hurting at all. And I get quicker every time I do it.

The new knee appears to be working fine. There's no pain around the implant and it's begining to move better. The doctor says it's to be only fifty percent weight bearing right now, so I have to use the walker to get around, but I am getting around.

This morning there was a call from a supervisor at the home care folks and he needed to come over and speak with me today for my initial interview. I saw him at 10:00 A.M. They must make a lot of money from this home care business to call on clients on Sunday.

He told me I would get four weeks of in-home therapy from a combination of occupational and physical therapists -- starting Monday. Somebody will call first.

In the afternoon Joan & Billy stopped by with a wonderful beef and vegetable soup. Just what I needed.

I continue to amaze myself with the injections I have to give me every morning and night. When I heard about this before the surgery I never imagined I could do them at all. Much less with no fuss. The fact they don't hurt at all may have something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment