Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thirteen days after surgery

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The physical therapist came by in the morning. After our regular session I asked her to show me how to get in and out of the car, on the passenger side. I did it several times and she says I am ready to go for a ride.

In the afternoon I went to the surgeon's office for my first followup visit. His nurse removed my staples, all 26 of them. I was not looking forward to this procedure but it was not painful. Slightly annoying, but not painful. The wound had healed a lot and they all told me it looked good. X-rays were taken and the doctor said they also looked good, too. He wants to see me again on March 11.

Shortly after we got home Joan called and said she and Billy would drop by shortly and bring us our supper. Billy had cooked the fish Bill gave us and Joan had made an almondine and lemon topping for it. It was wonderful. And great not to have to cook it ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment